AR502 – Branch Manager
Salary: £38,000 – £45,000
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Branch Manager on behalf of our clients.
With strong leadership skills, the Branch Manager will actively manage day-to-day business operations and employees of multiple disciplines, whilst upholding our company values. With a team of six Field Service Engineers, five office staff and one Field Sales Engineer under the line of control, the Branch Manager will provide proactive leadership to ensure the smooth and efficient continuity of day-to-day business operations, staff, premises and assets in line with business objectives
A strong work-ethic and enthusiasm are required due to the fast nature of our business environment, whilst a meticulous eye-for-detail is required due to the technical intricacies of our work. Safety, compliance, efficiency, accuracy and commercial competence are key focuses within the Company and the Branch Manager will be a driving force behind this. The Branch Manager will report directly to the Managing Director and assist as required in a range of business management duties, being trustworthy and dependable.
This role would be ideal for ex-military candidates however, candidates from all backgrounds will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage and be responsible for day-to-day business operations and staff member performance, to Key Performance Indicators as set by the Managing Director.
- To be responsible for and carry out line management duties for employees within the Company who report to the Branch Manager, in accordance with the Company Handbooks and policies.
- To manage and resolve escalations from day-to-day business operational activities, i.e. from customers, suppliers and staff. This also may include customer and supplier liaison.
- To manage and liaise with our contracted service providers, i.e., estates, IT, telecoms service providers, to ensure continuity of operations.
- To manage and be responsible for day-to-day and manager-level Health & Safety, HR and Environmental compliance in line with Company policy and statutory requirements.
- To manage and be responsible for the day-to-day security, safety, functionality and cleanliness of the business premises and its contents, managing the Stores Controller in their duties.
- To be key-holder and a responsible emergency ‘out of hours’ contact. Likewise, to visit during ‘out of hours’ in required circumstances.
- To be responsible for ensuring good customer service is upheld by the Company and to carry out regular customer calls and site visits.
- With the Technical Team leader, to handle ‘out of hours’ emergency breakdown phone calls from customers and offer telephone technical support, including over the Christmas break.
- To fully cover the duties of the Stores Controller in their absence, which includes manual handling, unloading deliveries, parts-picking and premises cleanliness and functionality.
- To visit and collect parts shipments from our key-supplier (Sussex-based) on a weekly basis, using a Company pool-vehicle.
- To develop a technical understanding, working closely with the Service Team Leader and Technical Team Leader, whilst also covering some of their duties during absence.
- Engaging in all-level (literally hands-on at times) tasks to support team members and operations, whether on our premises or on-site.
- To manage and be responsible for all duties with regard to the day-to-day operation of the company fleet of vehicles, work equipment and tooling.
- Engage, organise and manage marketing initiatives and support the sales team.
- Holding daily team meetings and briefings.
- To provide timely and accurate management reports to the Managing Director.
- To comply with all policies as contained in the Health & Safety and Employment Law (HR) Employee Handbooks, with the addition of any other procedures and/or policies set out by the Company.
- To be a flexible, supportive and considerate member of the team. This includes the flexibility in working hours, sometimes at short notice, where the Company requires it to be carried out to meet the needs of the business.
- To undertake any other reasonable Company Director request.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Understanding and experience of HR tasks, employment law and have line management or leadership experience.
- Understanding and experience of mana