Field Service Engineer
JC38 – Field Service Engineer
Location – Midlands
Salary – Up to £17 per hour DOE.
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Field Service Engineer in the Midlands.
The Field Service Engineer will be responsible for meeting the daily service maintenance and repair needs of the Sweeper division hire fleet equipment, performing necessary administrative duties as required as well as assisting the Sales Executive in the operation of hire contracts while demonstrating a customer-centric orientation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fault diagnosis, repair and routine maintenance of sweepers and other Company equipment, usually at third party premises with minimal supervision, in a safe and economic manner, employing such skills and knowledge as are required, at minimum cost to the Company.
- Keeping up to date with administrative responsibilities ensuring that all routine maintenance or repair work is the subject of an accurate and timely written report, including; details of parts used, and time taken on a work record card as well as completing a business mileage report and other record keeping documents, on a timely basis as required and instructed by the TOM.
- Assisting the Sales Executive in the operation of hire contracts, carrying out on/off hires with customers.
- Evaluating, modifying and prepping machines for hire at DGSW depots and customer locations.
- Ensuring that all tools and equipment used in the course of any such routine maintenance or repair work are maintained in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
- Operating a service van, where allocated, in strict accordance with the Company Vehicle policy and current road traffic legislation.
- Observing safe working practices at all times in accordance with Company policy, legislation and as instructed by the TOM.
- Promptly reporting defective vehicles, tools or work equipment to the TOM in addition to examining sweepers and other Company equipment, reporting verbally or in writing, regarding their condition.
- Safeguarding the security of vehicles and other work equipment provided by the Company.
- Building and maintaining relationships with new and existing employees, whilst acting in the best interests of the Company.
- Providing technical advice to third party engineering personnel where required.
- Complying fully with the premise’s owners’ health, safety, environmental and other requirements when working on site.
Skills and Experience:
- This position is subject to the candidate holding a full, valid UK driving licence.
- Proven experience of working with engines, gearboxes, hydraulics, electrics and braking systems.
- Good customer service skills, demonstrating a reasonable level of written and verbal communication.
- Educated to a National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering level or equivalent.
- Applications from Ex-Military candidates are encouraged.
In return our client offers:
- Core hours: 07.30 – 17.00hrs, Monday to Friday.
- Annual leave – 33 days, including 1 day for your birthday and the chance to buy up to 5 extra days.
- Pension Scheme.
- Bonus/Commission Schemes.
- Life Assurance.
- Yearly health checks/screenings.
- Well-being team.
- Seasonal gifts.