Field Service Engineer [South London]
JC23 – Field Service Engineer
Location – South London
Salary – £Competitive + Overtime + Bonus Scheme
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client – one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing fluid power companies – to recruit a passionate and ambitious Field Service Engineer to operate one of their new breakdown vans in and around the South London area.
Our client is a distributor for Dunlop Hiflex, allowing them to offer their customers the most robust, flexible, and cost-effective products on the market. Working with some of the biggest names nationally, their customers value their honest and hardworking approach. They are proud to have the highest performing team of British Fluid Power Association Approved Engineers in the sector, a team which includes ex British Army, Navy and RAF Engineers. The company is built on strong communication, hard work, market-leading products, and excellent customer service.
Any new Engineer should expect to work in a busy, fast paced environment. There is significant earning potential as our client looks to attract and retain the top fitters in the region. The uncapped monthly bonus scheme is unrivalled, with high performing Engineers earning a share of each job that they complete and should expect to increase their earnings through bonus by at least 50%.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travelling to site, identifying faulty/damaged components and repairing or replacing them from van stock.
- Working on new construction equipment from major manufacturers such as Komatsu, JCB and Hitachi.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with our key customers within the area through regular site visits and strong customer service.
- Helping to find potential new business opportunities for the company from your daily contacts and/or wider network.
- Willing to work long days with unpredictable hours.
- Willing to work on an on-call rota (24/7 once a month, and potentially one in three weekends throughout the year).
Skills and Experience:
- Hydraulic/engineering experience.
- Ideally working as a hose fitter/mobile sales and service technician within the industry – although car mechanics, plant fitters, mechanical maintenance engineers, RN maintenance engineers, RAF aircraft maintenance engineers, and Army heavy equipment mechanics could be suitable candidates.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude with relevant experience within the mechanical/engineering sector.
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communicator.
- Possess a professional mindset and be committed to working within the highest safety standards.
- Comfortable working on your own, representing the company at customer sites.
- Potential candidates will need to have their own hand tools.
- Driving licence [essential].
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary with overtime and uncapped monthly bonus scheme.
- Company van (long wheelbase Iveco Daily).
- Company mobile phone.
- Other benefits TBC.