Group Health & Safety Manager
AR529 – Group Health & Safety Manager
Salary: £45,000 – £57,000
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Group Health & Safety Manager on behalf of one of our clients.
You will be responsible for ensuring compliance and governance across the businesses with a focus on warehousing, logistic and manufacturing acting as the ‘competent person’ under the H&S management regs. In addition, to manage the operations and manufacturing facilities and buildings to include: defensive maintenance plans, capital expenditure plans, support to project management of building layout changes and utility and consumption management.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a small project, maintenance and housekeeping team, providing support, guidance and leadership.Audit all documentation to determine updates, gaps or missingdocuments/policies/processes
- To oversee the company electronic safety systems including Rackeye, safetybank and iauditor.
- Act as a point of contact for competent advise on all H&S matters across the business
- Implement practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, to promote awareness of health and safety and safe working practices in the workplace.
- Facilitate relevant health and safety training for staff as required, including first aid and fire safety.
- Support in developing and improving employee wellbeing in conjunction with our mental health first aiders and champions.
- Organise and chair regular meetings for H&S representatives.
- Co-ordinate and manage first aid and fire safety representatives.
- Support the team to carry out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and record findings.
- Identify trends and opportunities for improvement, monitoring progress against agreed actions. Ensure all incidents reportable under RIDDOR are reported to relevant authority.
- Conduct health and safety inspections and prepare reports and documents as required.
- Audit the business to identify training/certification requirements against legislation, codes of practice, or HSE guidance. Create or source training and certification. Educate the business to keep abreast of changes and additions to legislation.
- Proactively manage own development and certification to maintain required certification, knowledge and expertise, growing with business needs, knowledge and expertise, growing with business needs.
- Audit and improve process for responding to immediate incidents, up to and including full site evacuation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Recognised and current qualifications in occupational health and safety by a relevant body, such as NEBOSH national general, fire and construction certificates.
- Membership to a relevant H&S body such as IOSH or IRSM.
- Understands and can apply the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and other legislation relevant to the companies business (essential).
- You will have previously held a senior H&S role in a multi-site business ideally in a manufacturing or logistics industry.
- Facilities management certificate
- Understands & can demonstrate and deploy a range of styles to influence and persuade the business to achieve the right outcome in a wide variety of circumstances.
- IT & Microsoft literate and thinks digital first.
- Is capable of managing multiple priorities in a busy commercial environment, often with priorities that appear to conflict.
- Is a natural collaborator, understands how to thrive in a virtual team and deliver results through others, especially where no direct reporting line exists.
- Committed and passionate, is able to ignite the same in others in order to raise awareness and get the job done.
Salary: £45,000 – £57,000