Internal Audit Assistant Manager
JC36 – Internal Audit Assistant Manager
Location – Milton Keynes
Salary – £Competitive
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax, and consulting firms to recruit a Internal Audit Assistant Manager to join the team in their Milton Keynes office.
The Internal Audit Assistant Manager will assist in managing the Internal Audit team and clients to ensure professional, timely and added value delivery of complex technical Internal Audits at clients’ sites in accordance with the IIA and Firm’s Internal Audit Standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the management of a range of clients, including building relationships with senior client contacts. This responsibility includes strategic and operational audit planning and delivery, WIP control, supervision and oversight of the team.
- Assist in preparing Risk Based Internal Audit Strategy for a selection of clients.
- Manage, perform and control more complex internal audit assignments.
- Produces high quality written reports on work undertaken by themselves and effectively supervises to ensure that team members produce reports of a similar standard.
- Represent the Firm in audit matters as required, including attendance at client meetings, Audit Committees and tender presentations.
- Project manages to achieve quality, effectiveness and efficiency when undertaking activities to an agreed timescale and budget.
- Carry out the Quality Assurance review of working papers and draft reports to ensure compliance with the Internal Audit Manual.
- Prepare progress and annual reports for Audit Committees.
- Lead and supervise more junior team members on individual assignments including technical audit guidance and providing training as required.
- Delivers honest and constructive feedback to colleagues on a timely basis which feeds into appraisals as required.
- Build relationships with clients and identify potential additional work opportunities at existing clients.
- Provide assistance with any other duties as required by the Management Team.
- Maintains high professional standards of conduct and practice.
- Applies knowledge of the firm, industry, markets and core client base, highlighting potential business opportunities to line manager.
- Undertakes ad hoc research projects.
- Ensure client data is handled securely in accordance with the Firm’s and client’s data protection procedures.
Skills and Experience:
- Professionally qualified – eg IIA/ACCA/CCAB, or other specialist.
- Proven Internal Audit experience.
- Driving licence (clean) and access to a car.
- Confident and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Developing presentation skills.
- Builds a small network of contacts internally and externally.
- Service orientated: competent at identifying a range of client needs.
- Able to organise and manage time efficiently and effectively whilst being flexible.
- Effective use of IT including excel, word, powerpoint and outlook.
- Ability to solve problems and develop workable solutions.
- Works effectively as a team member to achieve overall discipline objectives.
- Understands need for continuous learning and considers development of specialist areas of knowledge.
- Ability to lead change with confidence.
- Able to train, coach and develop team members and provide support to other colleagues as required.
- Building commercial awareness.
- The post holder will be expected to travel to the client’s sites in their own time, limited where possible to one and a half hours each way.
- Good technical knowledge on both the internal audit process and relevant sector.
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary.
- 26 days holiday.
- Life assurance of up to four times salary.
- Income protection.
- Option to join Pension Scheme.
- Other benefits.