IT Service Delivery Lead
JA1282 – IT Service Delivery Lead
Location – Doha, Qatar
Salary – £Competitive tax free
Type – Permanent
Grade – GG10
Current Closing date – 09 November 20223
- Nationality Restrictions – UK only
- Security Clearance requirement – SC
- Minimum experience – 5 years of technical experience
We are currently recruiting for an IT Service Delivery Lead to join our client in Qatar. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the provision of robust IT services across the whole of Qatar.
The post holder will be responsible on behalf of IM&T and EIT UK for the installation, commissioning, and ongoing support of all aspects of the in-country IT solution in support of the Qatar Operations.
Additionally, the post holder will be responsible for all day-to-day administration and support activities of the IT solution in place for the Qatar Technical Institute (QTI), Qatar Branch Office (QBO), Aircraft Maintenance Operations Bases (MoB) and Systems Strategic Aerospace Services Head Office (BSL-HO).
This role will manage all In-Country project activities. As such, the role will be based in QTI for co-ordination and execution of the Non-Recurring and Recurring IT aspects of the Project and Services including liaison with the UK based teams to ensure establishment and ongoing operation of all solutions.
- Is responsible for the creation and maintenance of IT solution/s development & deployment plan.
- Will adopt ITIL, IM&T and/or EIT processes.
- Will identify onshore solutions for the delivery of services and goods to the Projects to ensure value for money from the IT solution/s.
- Will act as the interface between the UK and Qatar team/s, as delegate to the Service Delivery Manager.
- Will implement a process for identification & management of issues to prevent arising’s that will jeopardise the delivery of the solution/s.
- Will provide expert technical support to the Project and teams.
- Will provide status reporting of activities from an In-Country perspective, where required.
- Will manage the coordination of various SMEs in the installation, commissioning, and operation of the IT solution/s, as delegate to the Service Delivery Manager.
- Will implement continual improvement to ensure that the business needs continue to be adequately met by the IT solution/s.
- Act as delegate to the Service Delivery Manager and to cover when needed.
Delegated Responsibilities by Service Delivery Manager when required:
- Regular formal reporting of the emerging IT proposals and deliverables to the Service Delivery Manager.
- Effective communications to all project stakeholders to ensure shared understanding of the status of and issues around the IT solution/s.
- Effective communications with the end customer to ensure they are briefed and bought in to the solution and its deployment plan.
- The Service Delivery Lead is responsible for solution implementation and Support in terms of:
- Management of the installation, commissioning, and ongoing performance of all IT systems.
- Provision of expert technical support to the Project Management and Procurement team during IT related 3rd party negotiations.
- Execution of all routine housekeeping tasks as required.
- Interfacing with the customer and reporting on status of the solution/s as required.
- Assist in the management of all facilities upon which the solution/s is based.
- Assist in the management of all support for the business applications.
- Working closely with the Procurement team, assist in the management of all aspects of ordering and receipt of new and replacement equipment.
- Development and maintenance of excellent relationships with all suppliers, both UK and on shore.
- Management of the ongoing performance of Qatari based IS / IT suppliers in provision of agreed support services.
Skills & Experience:
- Good Project Reporting skill and relevant experience in the co-ordination and facilitation of IT solution development and delivery
- A good understanding of a broad range of IT Disciplines, such as ITIL.
- Experience of IT infrastructure and any impact the mil