Multi-Skilled Building Services Engineer
MS428 – Multi-Skilled Building Services Engineer
Salary: £ Competitive
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Multi-Skilled Building Services Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
The successful candidate will normally work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. 08.00 – 16.30 with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break period. Some flexibility is required and your hours may need to be changed to cover for absences and to meet business needs.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that no work is carried out without a risk assessment, method statement.
- Ensuring the company is always presented in a positive manner.
- Keeping the work area clean, tidy and well organized.
- Taking part in training and meetings as required and reporting to the Contracts Managers, keeping them informed of all developments.
- Informing the HR Manager of any personal or health issues that are causing concern and any change of personal information such as home address, telephone number etc.
- To participate in the staff appraisal program, identifying personal strengths and weaknesses and personal development needs
- The provision of a range of engineer services at our client site including; planned & reactive work across various skill disciplines suited to an Experienced Building Services Engineer.
- General building maintenance demonstrating a good knowledge in mechanical, plumbing, electrical and basic building fabric work.
- Compliance with company health and safety procedures and current legislation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A DBS check will be required for this role which the successful applicant will need to apply for and provide evidence of on appointment of the position.
- Valid UK Driving license.
- Proven property services experience and knowledge of building maintenance issues
- Trade qualification in Building Services.
- Electrical 18th Edition or willing to work towards obtaining within the next 6 months.
- Formal Apprenticeship based electrical certification.
- Mechanical knowledge essential.
- General building care duties.