Offshore Survey Engineer
MS432 – Offshore Survey Engineer
Salary: £60,000 – £70,000 per annum OTE (including offshore uplift)
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Offshore Survey Engineer on behalf of one of our Clients. The primary role of the Offshore Survey Engineer is to mobilise, interface, operate and maintain survey and positioning systems on both Company and Client operated offshore assets, and to provide technical support to both our local and international projects.
The expectation is that you would work 6 months offshore, with a maximum single trip of 4-5 weeks, although some projects are shorter than the 4 week period. We cannot guarantee 6 months offshore work as project schedules and personal leave may impact this. The offshore uplift is £195 per day.
This role would suit ex-military candidates and applications from former service personnel are encouraged.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, test and package equipment pre-deployment to the companies standards and procedures
- Installation, integration and commissioning of equipment on customer onshore and offshore sites.
- Identify, through diagnostic fault-finding, issues with on-site equipment and issue fault reports.
- Complete first-line repairs to equipment.
- Ensure all deployed assets are maintained and operated in accordance with manufacturer and contract parameters.
- Track all assets, relevant to project, while deployed.
- Maintain records of changes to setup / maintenance carried out whilst deployed.
- Ensure that equipment is stored correctly and safely, with all accessories.
- Act as the companies ambassador, displaying excellent customer service & a positive attitude.
- Package equipment returning from the vessel suitable for transport requirements and fully documented / accounted for, notifying of any known damages in advance.
- Complete end of project reports, timesheets and expense forms promptly upon return.
Skills and Qualifications:
- HNC, HND or BSC in an Electronic/Electrical Engineering discipline.
- Minimum three years’ in offshore survey operations.
- Experience in seabed mapping, construction support, acoustic positioning and/or rig positioning.
- Experience in the maintenance and operation of industry standard survey equipment including DGNSS systems, attitude sensors, telemetry systems, subsea acoustic positioning systems, MBES systems, digital video recording systems, Total Stations and RTK DGPS systems.
- Knowledge and experience of the EIVA software suite NaviPac, NaviScan, AutoCAD (preferred), Excel and Word.
- Full driving licence.