Senior Internal Auditor
JC35 – Senior Internal Auditor
Location – Milton Keynes
Salary – £Competitive
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax, and consulting firms to recruit a Senior Internal Auditor to join the team in their Milton Keynes office.
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for undertaking a range of complex and specialist audits, including Risk Management, Governance, Product and Process audits, in accordance with the Firm’s Internal Audit standards. Working as an individual and/or leading a team, you will deliver high quality Internal Audits within required timescales and budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the key risks identified by Management and the controls put in place to address those risks within each area of the Client’s Annual Audit Plan.
- Manage, perform, and control internal audit assignments embracing assignment planning programming, conduct, and control of audit work and reporting findings.
- Draft audit planning documents for approval/review by Client/Management.
- Prepare draft audit reports and working paper files to high quality standards and within the SLA on allocated audits.
- Lead and supervise more junior staff on individual assignments including staff motivation, discipline, and technical audit guidance.
- Provide job training and guidance for auditors and training for more junior auditors.
- Perform the audit of more complex and specialist areas.
- Undertake review work in respect of significant findings.
- Assist Management in ensuring that assignments are completed to time and budget.
- Assessment of performance of Team Members and provision of feedback.
- Be aware of and advise Management of any potential additional work opportunities at existing Clients.
- Participate in the Firm’s appraisal and development process.
- Ensure that all employees are familiar with and comply with all the Firm’s policies (e.g. health and safety etc.).
- Any other duties as required by Management.
Skills and Experience:
- A relevant professional qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, IIA, or ACT.
- Broad technical knowledge of Governance, Risk Management, and Internal Audit.
- Able to review and control technical content of work of others to ensure compliance with relevant regulation and Internal Audit Standards.
- Understand the range of additional services that the firm can provide to meet Clients’ needs.
- Able to express ideas and information with clarity and confidence, especially when communicating with Clients.
- Good working relationship with Clients to understand their needs and requirements.
- Relay appropriate and timely information in respect of assignments to others.
- Able to listen, evaluate and apply information gained.
- Able to prepare draft reports and technical working papers.
- Take responsibility for resolving issues by either dealing with it personally or referring upwards where required.
- Take responsibility for self-development.
- Able to train, coach, and develop team members and provide support to other staff as required.
- Be pro-active and demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement, such as raising queries and challenging existing practices.
- Able to be flexible when managing inconsistent and varying workloads.
- The successful candidate will be expected to travel to more local client’s sites in their own time.
- Occasional overnight stays away from home will be necessary.
- Access to a car and full Driving Licence required.
In return our client offer:
- A competitive salary.
- 26 days holiday.
- Life assurance of up to four times salary.
- Income protection.
- Option to join Pension Scheme.
- Other benefits.