Senior Maintenance Technician
MS397 – Senior Maintenance Technician
Location: Ely, Sutton
Salary: £38,283 to £50,141 per annum DOE
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Senior Maintenance Technician on behalf of a Client.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that safe working practices and procedures are adhered to within all areas of work in line with the SHE Management System. Adhere to the SHE Management System at all times.
- Execute routine and non-routine maintenance activities in accordance with approved processes and procedures.
- Provide out of hours support in ensuring that availability and output of the station is maximised at all times. Provide day-to-day cover in the absence of your line manager.
- Investigate plant problems and identify solutions.
- Prepare and present technical reports.
- Maintain work and activity records.
- Carry out continuous plant condition monitoring routines.
- Ensure effective planning is in place with adequate and competent resources available.
- Supervise other staff and contracted personnel as directed by the Maintenance Manager and supporting your line manager in the preparation of work.
- Communicate and encourage good working relationships within the team.
- Have a full understanding of cost implications and power generation with your areas of work.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Have a high level of technical plant awareness, excellent problem solving skills, together with experience of site safety rules.
- Ideally you will have a HNC or equivalent qualification, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience working with electrical control and instrumentation systems in the power utility sector or a similar process industry.
- You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, IT skills and have an astute commercial awareness.