Senior Management Surveyor
MB495: Senior Management Surveyor
Location: North London and surrounding areas
Salary: £55,000 + 10% Bonus
Working Hours: Monday to Friday
Additional Company Benefits: Healthcare Cover, Digital GP, Life Assurance, Long Service Awards, Flu Voucher, Eye Care, Enhanced Sick Pay, Flexible Working, Enhanced Family Friendly Policies
First Military Recruitment is proudly working in partnership with a fantastic Chartered Surveyors organisation who are looking to recruit a Senior Management Surveyor on a permanent basis due to growth based to be based twice a week out of one of their London offices with occasional UK travel and the option to work from home.
The successful candidate will provide property management and professional services to the team specifically on the commercial and mixed use portfolio. Providing updates and reports to the Head of Asset Management who is responsible for the overall Lettings function. There are approximately 1000 units in the portfolio and a team of 15 staff members within LAM. This role requires cross departmental understanding and accountability with line management and professional support. In addition, the successful candidate will assist the wider group in managing the existing office network in a professional capacity, dealing with rent reviews, lease renewals and assisting with strategic advice to senior management.
This role will be in delivery of property management services, client care and liaison for a mixed portfolio of residential and commercial buildings on behalf of private and corporate clients, in accordance with the RICS code of practice, current legislation and operations manuals produced by the company.
It will require working with a level of autonomy as well as being part of a team environment.
You will have a minimum of five years post qualification experience as a management surveyor with an in-depth knowledge of Landlord & Tenant legislation and regulations applicable to both residential and commercial property.
The role requires strong communication skills, with the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders along with attention for detail and IT literacy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out of measurement surveys to determine floor areas in compliance with IPMS or local market practices.
- The ability to read and interpret commercial and residential leases and advise clients.
- Obtaining suitable market comparable data and negotiating settlements for rent reviews and lease renewals.
- Preparation of written or oral evidence for referrals to independent experts or arbitrators as required.
- Management of void units.
- Instructing and managing external letting agents and professional advisers to achieve open market lettings of commercial premises.
- Instructing and managing external professional advisers in relation to lease renewals.
- Proof checking rent demands and assisting credit control team chasing arrears.
- Carrying out measured surveys of buildings and interpretation of plans.
- Preparation and administration of Service Charge budgets in compliance with RICS Practice Statements
- Undertaking periodic reviews of Service Charge Budgets amending and updating these as required.
- Carry out Market Valuation work independently subject to having required RICS qualifications, relevant experience and RICS Registered Valuer status.
- Preparation of Valuation Reports for Charities Act purposes in connection with new lettings or disposals.
- Knowledge and understanding of rating assessments and appeals process and the ability to conduct these.
- EPC reports. Working with stakeholders to implement improvement works to meet minimum MEES regulations to ensure continuing ability to achieve lettings and safeguard asset values.
- Carry out periodic visits of properties in accordance with Management Agreement terms and ensuring tenant compliance with lease provisions.
- Periodic visits to inspect common parts of multi let buildings to ensure compliance with H&S risk.
- Assessing plans and specifications from lessees for the altering of buildings and property for clients and advising thereon.
- Liaising with clients, solicitors and property management colleagues in connection with the issuing of Licences for Alterations.
- Making recommendations in connection with proposed alteration works.
- Monitoring lessees’ alteration work and reporting.
- Assisting in the preparation of Altera