Senior Project Engineer
MB404: Senior Project Engineer
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Working Hours: Flexi hours Monday to Friday
Additional Company Benefits: Up to £8,000 relocation package if wanting to move to Northern Ireland, Annual Leave 29 days and 12 B&P’s, Up to 7.5% matched pension contributions, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme
First Military Recruitment is proudly working in partnership with a fantastic business who are looking to recruit a Senior Project Engineer on a permanent basis due to growth based in Belfast. The candidate can be located anywhere in the UK but will need to travel to Belfast occasionally.
As Senior Project Engineer and Signalling Contractors Engineering Manager have overall responsibility for all Engineering Activities as applicable to a specific project. To be accountable for all design and construction and its compliance with all applicable standards, legislation, contract requirements and specifications. Act as Contractors Responsible Engineer and/or Project Engineer for Signalling where required. Work as an integral part of the project team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as Signalling Contractors Engineering Manager for Signalling-lead projects with overall accountability for engineering activities applicable to the specific project; including those
- undertaken by subcontracted organisations.
- Act as Signalling Construction CRE and/or Project Engineer where required, with accountability for the day-to-day management and co-ordination of the technical and engineering activities within the discipline for a specific project.
- As CEM, identify the discipline CRE design and/or construction resources and other supporting discipline engineering resources required for the delivery of a project with respect to the contracted
- scope of works.
- As CEM, assess the competence of individuals to be appointed to CRE roles.
- As CRE, identify the competent discipline design and/or construction resources required for the of a project.
- Delegation of Engineering Roles to competent deputies as required.
- Manage the engineering/technical change control process through out the life of the project.
- Establish a process that identifies and briefs changes to engineering standards affecting the project. The briefing process shall include all staff engaged in the project including contractors and sub-contractors. Ensure an impact assessment of new and updated standards is undertaken where these may be relevant to the project.
- Manage non-compliances to engineering and technical standards
- Manage the Technical Query (TQ) and Request For Information (RFI) process
- Identification of engineering interfaces across all engineering disciplines that form the project scope.
- Implement an Interdisciplinary Coordination process for all deliverables submitted.
- To be accountable for all design and construction and its compliance with all applicable standards, legislation, contract requirements and specifications.
- Assess the competence and availability of persons employed by the project on behalf of Signalling to carry out their engineering and technical responsibilities, e.g CRE’s, designers, site managers,
- site engineers, construction managers.
- Action/delegate the approval and endorsement of all Design to be submitted for acceptance for confirmation it has been subject to all appropriate design and approval.
- Action/delegate the approval of all design as Approved for Construction.
- Liaise with team members, clients and sub contractors in order to resolve any technical issues.
- Liaise with Project Manager/Client to ascertain project requirements and understand project remit.
- Work closely with Project Manager ensuring all cost targets are met.
- Ensure that changes to scope and specifications are managed and that risk registers are robustly reviewed.
- Provide engineering support to the preparation of estimates and tenders
- Ensure successful and safe delivery of project remit.
- Provide engineering support/input in preparation of project program to ensure effective delivery.
- Monitor progress against the project program and taking necessary action when required.
- Preparation of Work Package Plans, Task Briefings and Risk Assessments.
- Undertake site surveys and preparation of subsequent reports.
- Input of infor