JR94: Sub Agent
Salary: £50,000 – £55,000 Per Annum
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Sub Agent on behalf of one of our clients.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review weekly plant, labour and material returns to identify areas of variance from planned usage.
- Provide reports to line management identifying the reasons for the variance, including action plans to reduce wastage and improve positive variance.
- In conjunction with General Foreman, actively review requirements for all plant and equipment within area of responsibility to support compliance with programme and commercial requirements.
- Manage all subcontractors within area of responsibility to ensure compliance with project requirements. Chair and produce minutes for weekly meetings with each subcontractor.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of subcontractors’ scopes of work. Maintain a detailed knowledge and records of site progress, including details of any potential variations. In conjunction with commercial team, critically assess subcontractor records, applications for payment and variations.
- Manage all works, including subcontractors, within area of responsibility to ensure compliance with all legal, company and project health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Manage all works in area of responsibility to ensure compliance with project specification, programme and commercial requirements.
- Ensure that appropriate checks of competency are undertaken on all personnel working within area of responsibility prior to their starting works, including subcontractors and Third Parties.
- Produce and maintain a detailed and resourced 3 month (minimum) look-ahead programme for area of responsibility including detailed interface with other project areas, ensuring compliance with contract programme. Manage works to achieve the agreed programme.
- Review, on at least a weekly basis, progress against programme and identify areas of variance. Provide reports to line management and commercial teams detailing reasons for variance and action plans to recover any slippage.
- Provide a detailed progress and forecast programme update each reporting period for input into contract programme. Actively contribute to development of contract programme to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Ensure that all required temporary works documents, including briefs, designs and method statements / risk assessments, are produced and approved in accordance with the programme and prior to works commencing.
- Ensure that temporary works are undertaken as per the approved documents and that all necessary checks, inspections and approvals continue during the works and dismantling.
- Review and approve relevant ITPs, NCR’s and other quality documentation for area of responsibility, including those for subcontractors’ works, in accordance with project procedures.
- Ensure all required documentation is fully approved and in place prior to any works commencing within area of responsibility. Ensure that works within area of responsibility are managed and constructed in accordance with the latest revisions of all relevant information and documents.
- Provide input as required to periodic project reports.
- Ensure all required documented outputs and records are correctly uploaded to Themis and other project document control systems.
- Liaise with client, designer and third party representatives as required, including maintaining appropriate written records.
- Undertake other duties as defined and appointed under the Project Specific IMS plan or as defined by the Site Agent
Skills and Qualifications:
- Responsibilities of the Contractor under CDM Regulations
- CSCS Management card
- Use of Company Systems e.g. Themis
- Contract and Company procedures
- Collaborative working
Salary: £50,000 – £55,000 Per Annum