MS427 – Tenancy Manager
Location: Stepney Green
Salary: £24,000 – £30,000 per annum
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Tenancy Manager on behalf of one of our clients.
The successful candidate will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of the in-house maintenance and cleaning department to ensure that properties are kept compliant with HMO legislation, whilst simultaneously ensuring maintenance disrepair and cleanliness is kept to a high standard. Due to this proactive, multi-faceted role, you will need to be organised and detailed orientated to ensure quality of work. You will be working closely with your designated Property Manager, who deals with emergency issues for the same portfolio.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be able to work to tight deadlines and react to last minute changes.
- Be detail oriented and be able to notice and identify potential or future problem areas, report them and fix issues on the spot if possible.
- Send detailed daily on time reports of before and after with video/photo proof to teams, managers, and relevant departments.
- Supply relevant paperwork for parking payments and supplies invoices to relevant departments.
- Good communication skills and a good hard work ethic, reliable with a good attitude.
- Oversee the management of our growing portfolio of rental properties across London.
- Schedule and manage a cleaning rota to ensure each property within your portfolio is cleaned every 4 weeks.
- Book check-outs and check-ins in line with tenancy start and end dates.
- Book in non-urgent maintenance repairs to your maintenance rota.
- Manage tenants’ expectations of repair timeframes.
- To meet deadlines of having Gas Certificates, EICR and EPC’s completed before expiry.
- Arranging keys and key fobs for cleaners and maintenance staff, ensuring all are checked in and out and accounted for at all time.
Skills and Qualifications:
- To have a good understanding of maintenance issues priority of completion.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize efficiently.
- Strong attention to detail and customer service orientation.
- Strong problem-solving skills and on occasion thinking outside the box.
- Have a good understanding and experience of H&S.