JR118: Bid Writer
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Bid Writer on behalf of one of our clients.
As part of the Submissions Team the primary function of the Bid Writer will be to lead on the development and production of winning PQQ and Tender written responses.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce written responses for PQQs and Tenders including unique responses, references, case studies, CVs (in liaison with Bid Coordinators) and project experience.
- Support the Head of Submissions and Bid Managers in the production of PQQ and Tender responses, and associated components.
- Ensure compliance with the Work Winning processes and procedures to manage submissions and bid-related information.
- Support briefings, kick-off meetings and progress meetings.
- Ensuring all tender documentation is presented to a uniformly high standard, editing and proofreading submission documents, as well as (when required) coordinating and supporting in the production and finalisation of documents.
- Facilitate storyboarding sessions with subject matter experts, taking ownership to completion.
- Prepare graphics such as flow charts, diagrams and organisation charts as required to support high standard submissions.
- Ongoing support of contributors with content development and responses, by assessing whether the questions are being answered (1st drafts and red review process) in liaison with Bid Coordinators.
- Provide feedback to the Head of Submissions, Bid Managers and Bid Coordinators of progress with responses.
- Create the final publication, and with the team, ensure the bid is delivered to the client on time.
- Maintain Document Management System ensuring a complete record of the submission is maintained for future review or scrutiny.
- Identify and re-work existing pre-written content where relevant.
- Assist with Knowledge Management.
- Work to demanding and changeable deadlines, in a highly pressured environment.
- Other reasonable and normal duties associated with the Bid Writer position and as necessary to meet the needs of the business, as directed by the head of submissions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A background or previous experience in journalism or writing.
- Degree educated (ideally English Literature) or journalistic / professional writing background.
- Demonstrable high level of competence in written English.
- Creative approach to producing submissions for demanding clients.
- Proof reading and formatting experience.
- Ability to take ownership of a response/s (from concept to completion) and coordinate contributors, specialists and third party information (storyboarding) to produce a high quality (winning) response.
- The ability to work within Multi-disciplined teams. This requires continual communication with the departments and organisational skills to ensure the level of support provided meets the Bid requirements.
- Ability to coach subject matter experts in writing best practice.
- Must be able to demonstrate how they develop relationships.
- Must have the ability to listen, observe and interpret words, behaviours and actions of others and respond constructively. This requires good communication skills.
- Demonstrate how they maintain a clear focus and determination to complete the work that has been allocated, liaise with colleagues to meet deadlines and seek ways to help others to maximise their achievement. Able to Multi-task.
- Ability to work collaboratively, setting and acting upon clear and realistic goals and objectives.
- Must demonstrate the ability to use own initiative, question assumptions and learn from and share experiences.
- Must demonstrate how they have sought improvements and alternative ways of doing things to meet tight deadlines or objectives.
- Able to respond to setbacks positively and learn from them. Evaluate own performance and has an attitude which seeks improvement.
- Able to work in the company’s Offices in Swindon and visit sites as required. Flexibility of time to accommodate the unpredictable nature of submissions.
- Basic word processing and computer literacy.
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire