Electrical Project Engineer
JA1273 – Electrical Project Engineer
Location – Manchester
Type – Permanent
Hours – 37.5/week
Salary – Up to £57K DOE + £75/month car allowance
We are currently recruiting an experienced Electrical Project Engineer for a role based out of our client’s office in Manchester. The successful candidate will manage and deliver complex multi-discipline (electrically biased) projects, provide electrical engineering expertise to multiple projects, interpret designs, and procure all electrical plant & materials within budget and to maximise profit and provide technical electrical assistance to in house and sub-contract labour.
Aims and Objectives:
- To lead and deliver successful projects as part of the Company operational delivery team, on time and within budget.
- Provide technical expertise, lead the project team, and develop/maintain a productive efficient working relationship.
- To build on existing client relationships and form new.
- Ensure compliance to all Group policies and procedures. Liaise closely with the Project, Commercial, Engineering/Design and Estimating teams.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Managing the electrical aspects of large projects from inception to completion reporting to the project manager where applicable.
- Manage multiple smaller electrical projects concurrently as required reporting to the electrical contract’s manager.
- Develop and implement project schedules.
- Review, sign-off and implement project Quality plans and procedures.
- Review, sign-off and implement project EHS Management plans.
- Management and motivation of project teams.
- Develop and agree electrical submission and approvals process with client / design consultants.
- Attend meetings to co-ordinate and ensure project performance at client / project management internal and external meetings.
- Lead by example and mentor younger engineers.
- Review all project documents.
- Procure all plant. Labour and materials.
- Procure all electrical sub-contract packages.
- Review / produce commissioning schedules & plans to assist the project / commissioning manager.
- Liaison with Sub-contractor and suppliers to avoid project delays and cost implications.
- Assist in the production of / Produce project programmes.
- Provide monthly project reports for the project/contract’s manager.
- Review all H&S documentation in line with current Company procedures and legislation.
- Be commercially aware and report on all commercial aspects of the project.
- Review and monitor progress of electrical subcontractors / Company electricians against the project programme.
- Provide information to the client, contractors, ops team and end user.
- To be able to review electrical technical and contractual information and record review comments.
- Ongoing liaison with design teams and project teams to ensure efficient project performance.
- Consider cost, safety, and time constraints on all projects.
- Produce procurement documentation.
- Assist in design and estimations as and when required to maximise all commercial opportunities.
- Carry out surveys and produce reports if required.
- Offer alternative engineering solutions to overcome project obstacles.
- Offer value engineering alternatives.
- Other duties as required by the Job specific Project Manager or Electrical Contracts Manager.
- Ensure that the production of Hazard Identification and risk assessments are carried out in the early stages of the design process and updated as the project progresses.
- Review Electrical risk assessments, method statements and COSHH assessments as required together with the site manager and manage amendments as required to ensure quality and comprehensiveness.
- Carry out regular site safety audits and report on observations to management.
- Chair meetings with the project team regularly to discuss planning and progress and agree programme requirements.
- Ensure the project is competed to the agreed timescales and manage risk when programme extensions are required.
- Report progress of the project to the Client, and to the management team during Project Reviews.
Skills & Experience: