JA1295 – Electrician
Location – Alderney – Channel Islands
Salary – DOE
Type – Permanent – 35hours/week
Our client has requested us to help them recruit an ex-military electrician/electrical engineer who is looking for a life changing move to join their business in Alderney. The successful person will be required to relocate to Alderney and have a minimum of NVQ level 3 in electrical engineering or equivalent.
This career opportunity has arisen for an Electrician to join their business at an exciting time as they begin to embark on a transition to renewable generation sources whilst continuing to invest in critical island infrastructure. As a 24/7, 365 business there may be the requirement to take part in out-of-hours stand-by arrangements.
This is a unique role providing a diverse range of responsibility and opportunity for future development. As part of a small team, you will be responsible for:
- The installation, maintenance, testing and repair of electrical systems in industrial, commercial, and domestic premises.
- To test new and existing installations and produce test certification as required by the NICEIC.
- Undergo internal and UK based training and development to enable you to become competent in High Voltage and Low Voltage distribution network operations.
- Undergo internal and UK based training and development to become competent in Low Voltage and High Voltage cable jointing.
- Comply with company Health & Safety policies, procedures, and safe working practices.
Essential skills, qualifications, and attributes:
- Trained and qualified to City & Guilds Level 3 in Electrical Installations, or equivalent.
- Good working knowledge of NICEIC regulations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Flexible approach to working patterns.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Desire to undertake additional training and development to progress to Electrical Engineer status. All training required will be provided.
- Competitive salary rising with experience/qualifications, over-time & standby payments
- Pension scheme and healthcare provision.
Our client is the sole provider electricity to the island of Alderney and is responsible for the generation and distribution of electricity, from its power station at York Hill, via its HV and LV network to consumers. They also supply and distribute fuel oils for transport and heating.