Emergency Response Controller (ERC)
MS444 – Emergency Response Controller (ERC)
Location: Boston, Lincolnshire
Salary: £25,740 per annum
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Emergency Response Controller (ERC) on behalf of one of our clients. The working hours for this role is Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 17:30.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The role of the ERC Controller is to monitor systems that provide an information and communications link between customers and the control room. The clients customers are wide ranging from medical staff to students and provide a first point of contact for their welfare and safety with direct liaison with the emergency services on their behalf if required.
- The ERC controller also monitors various news feeds from across the globe to identify problems/issues or incidents that could affect the safety and security of their customers and then take appropriate measures as required. It is essential that the ERC controller remains proactive, is capable of being analytical and can process information and data from various sources.
Skills and Qualifications:
- The role would suit a person from a previous communications / emergency or operations room environment, although all applicants who are able to provide a calm and reassuring presence to customers will be considered.
- Candidates from an Ex-Military background would be suited.
- You should have excellent communications skills, a good telephone manner.
- Proficient in the use of Information Technology.
- Employment is subject to applicants obtaining an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check which will be at the Company’s expense.