Field Service Engineer
MB387 – Field Service Engineer
Location: Rainham plus
Salary: £35,000 – £37,000 + OTE £40,000
Additional Company Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, Free onsite parking, Enhanced Pension scheme, Refer a friend scheme, Opportunities for training and development opportunities, Life Assurance Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme (with access to GP appointments, Physio appointments and Mental Health Support).
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Service Engineer on behalf of one of our fantastic clients.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audit sites to ensure compliance with standards and specifications, client expectations and sound safety practices are observed.
- Promote safety where possible to ensure we operate a safe and professional service.
- Be able to problem solve and resolve issues on site.
- Be the Environmental Services lead Engineer with regard to water industry works.
- Be part of R&D, associated with products promoted by the company, provide technical back up to facilitate patents and deliverables.
- Actively assist in the development of less experienced members of the group.
- Prepare monthly reports to reflect the current position of those works under your control.
- Promote the company where possible to clients and prospective clients.
- Provide reports and prepare manuals for all completed projects, make recommendations to clients based on engineers reports and generate quotations for additional works.
- Assist in the delivery Interceptor installations, de-commissioning, and servicing.
- Develop the capabilities of the depot and wider group, by keeping up to date with technical developments of products and services.
- Continually assess and ensure day to day operations and service delivery is of the highest quality, accuracy and efficiency.
- Promote and ensure excellent customer service.
- Ensure cost savings and quality control.
- Prepare scope of works documents, risk assessments and method statements.
- Audit work sites, assets and vehicles, ensuring stock levels are suitably maintained, equipment is correctly used and maintained.
- Operating Company vehicles which the post holder is suitably qualified to operate.
- Responsibility for ensuring all vehicle and equipment checks are undertaken prior to commencing any works.
- It is the post holder’s responsibility for ensuring all required equipment is located and stored on the allocated vehicle for the pursuance of works.
- Deliver advice and guidance to site engineers and clients.
- Preparation of estimates and proposals to clients following site surveys.
- Liaise with the client representatives to ensure we give excellent performance.
- Prepare any necessary reports for such client meetings.
- Ensure all uplifting and offloading of product and materials is undertaken in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices.
- Responsibility for ensuring the security of all company vehicles and equipment. This includes ensuring all equipment is fit for purpose and used in the correct manner.
- Works to be carried out in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation. The post holder is required to use knowledge and experience to contribute to the
- pursuance of works and meet customer demand and satisfy works.
- Responsibility for ensuring the cleansing of all plant and equipment post job. The post holder will also be responsible for identifying repair work required.
- Completion of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to depot and group management.
- Regularly meet with management regarding current and pipelined works, recommending operational improvements or possible commercial opportunities.
- Any other duties as designated by management for which the post holder is suitably trained and capable of doing. This may involve assisting with spill response work.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A solid background in water sector MEICA, SCADA, and working knowledge of WIMES.
- A familiarity with British Standard 7775:2005 for penstocks.
- Understanding of leakage tests an