Field Service Engineer
JB250: Field Service Engineer
Salary: £28,000 – £34,000 per annum
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Field Service Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that all service and repairs are completed on time and where possible on the first call to achieve customer satisfaction and to meet contractual agreements.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Field Service Engineer:
- Provide quality support to our customers through courteous and knowledgeable communication.
- Ensure all jobs are attended to and repairs are completed within the contracted service level agreement.
- Attend follow up calls in a timely manner to complete repairs where additional parts have been ordered.
- Attend and complete scheduled planned maintenance services as instructed.
- Attend and complete all scheduled Portable Appliance Test (PA Test) calls on time.
- Maintain and control the highest standard of service and repair made to machinery.
- Ensure all Health and Safety rules and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Follow all technician procedures issued and ensure they are fully understood.
- Update all jobs in real time on central database system and follow working procedures to ensure correct data is captured.
- Provide accurate and detailed reports upon every site visit to maintain integrity of asset data across our customer sites and on our system.
- Order parts via the system to complete breakdown calls.
- Booking parts in/out to ensure van stock re-ordering levels are adhered to and parts are correctly replenished.
- Help develop more efficient systems of work and/or to use any resultant change.
- Regularly review vehicle conditions and to ensure it is kept tidy internally and externally to promote the quality brand.
- Attend company service and business review meetings.
Skills and Qualifications for the Field Service Engineer:
- Electro/mechanical experience.
- Electrical and mechanical fault-finding experience.
- Full, manual driving licence.
- Experience in using electrical, electronic and mechanical tooling.
- Excellent fault finding and testing skills of electrical, electronic and mechanical systems.
- An enthusiastic and positive personality.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Physically fit and able to carry out manual handling tasks e.g., lifting industrial battery packs.
- Experience in the safe use of standard hand tools i.e., spanners, screwdrivers etc.
- Experience in the safe use of electrical tooling i.e., powered drills, angle grinders etc.
- Experience in the safe use of lifting equipment i.e., trolley jacks, lifting slangs etc.
- Experience in the safe use of hot work equipment i.e., blow torches, heat guns etc.
- The capability to safely use walk behind and ride on industrial cleaning equipment of various power.
- Able to work under pressure and deliver a quality repair.
- Able to work on own initiative (self-motivated).
- Excellent time management skills and capable of prioritising workload.
- Ability to organise and manage multiple priorities/methodical.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good IT skills and competent in using a tablet.
- Familiar with computerised reporting system.
Desirable for the Field Service Engineer:
- Experience of repairing industrial floor cleaning machinery.
- Experience on PA testing.
- Industrial battery experience.
- IC engine experience including petrol, diesel and LPG.
Salary: £28,000 – £34,000 per annum