LB 110 – Funeral Operative
Salary: OTE £30,000-£35,000
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Funeral Operative on behalf of one of our clients.
To drive and bear on funerals with great respect and to follow clear instructions from the garage foreman and the funeral conductor. To respectfully move deceased wherever required, to dress deceased with extreme care and respect for families and friends to view.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving and bearing on funerals.
- Removal of deceased from houses, nursing homes and mortuaries.
- Delivering and collecting coffins to and from airports.
- Duty service according to rota.
- Delivering and collecting various documents.
- Dressing deceased in preparation for viewing.
- Ensure vehicles are cleaned daily, make sure oil, petrol, water etc is kept at correct levels.
- For the limos make sure they have wreath card envelopes, mass envelopes, flowers, nursing home letter and clean envelope, ensure you have enough song sheets. For Greek funerals take table, 2 towels and 2 bottles of water. If horse hearse, ensure you have trestles when going into the church or trolley if a casket.
- Drivers must wear a cap, ensure you know the location of the church, house or crematorium. Have trolley, trestles and if double funeral 2 trolleys and trestles
- Ensure you have a sufficient number of shoulder pads. They must be used at all times to carry coffin.
- Check before you leave the garage that you are wearing appropriate attire.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Competent, calm and ultra-smooth driver with clean licence.
- Caring and sympathetic attitude.
- Excellent communicator.
- Excellent timekeeping.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Smart and well presented.