MS425 – Head Chef
Location: Bigbury on Sea
Salary: Up to £35,000
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Head Chef on behalf of one of our clients.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organise and oversee all aspects of the day to day running, consistently delivering and maintaining food offering that responds to demand.
- You will ensure departmental compliance with all relevant regulations (e.g. COSHH, HAACP, Fire & Food Hygiene).
- Prepare dishes to the highest standards of quality, safety and consistency.
- Ensure recipes are followed to ensure risk of cross contamination are kept to a minimum.
- Ensure brand standards are followed to ensure consistency of quality.
- Lead a team in preparation, cooking, garnishing, or presentation of food.
- Follow standards and regulations relating with cleanliness, hygiene and safety.
- Order food and supplies.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Deal with equipment malfunctions and breakdowns.
- To follow hotels procedures.
- To ensure staff do not enter any unauthorised areas.
- To feed back any matters of concern as soon as possible to the Hotel Manager.
- To comply with all relevant Health & Safety and Food Hygiene standards.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have previous experience in a Rosette restaurant/hotel.
- Previous experience in a fine dining setting.
- Proven successful track record of working within professional kitchens.
- Wants to be part of a progressive and forward-thinking business.
- A clear understanding of managing food costs.
- Deliver an exceptional dining experience for guests across all areas of food service.
- Work with senior team across the business so it can flourish.
- Work well in a team as well as independently.
- Support and inspire your team to deliver unique and genuine experiences.
- Be at the helm of your ship at the busiest times.
- Someone with a background of preparing fresh ingredients.
- You may need your own means of transport due to the location of the business.