Heating Engineer (HIU)
MS420 – Heating Engineer (HIU)
Location: North London
Salary: £34,000 – £42,000 per annum + van
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Heating Engineer on behalf of one of our clients. We are looking for someone to undertake HIU Servicing and Reactive Repairs in accordance with site procedures, rules and line management instructions
Applications from ex-military personnel are encouraged but all applications will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring all Quality Management and Compliance Documentation for HIU Servicing and reactive repair activities is correct and complete for each site.
- Proactively drive Legislative and Contractual Compliance, profitability, and customer satisfaction within the customer portfolio.
- Provide technical assistance to clients, and work colleagues within whilst fulfilling and meeting both Quality Standards and HSE Objectives.
- Closely manage customer HSE objectives and Quality Standards and ensure the adoption of Safe Working Practices during the maintenance and repair of the plant.
- Complete internal performance management general reporting for use in producing client final reporting.
- Make effective recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Adopt HSE Policies, Procedures and Objectives, and ensure they are achieved throughout area of responsibility.
- Ensure that Statutory and Mandatory Inspections are satisfactorily carried out and documented in line with the Company’s Management System.
- Diligently and accurately maintain, submit relevant documentation and records as required, and maintain ISO Accreditation Company Standards.
- Servicing Hydraulic Interface Units to ensure the HIU is energy efficient and to minimise breakdowns until the next service interval.
- React to Hydraulic Interface Units to investigate & rectify to ensure a first-time fix.
- Be versatile to support all Department works.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Served a recognised apprenticeship and be qualified to ND / City & Guilds / NVQ level 3 in Mechanical / Electrical / Gas engineering discipline and registered to the appropriate body as required for the role.
- Qualified Boiler / CHP Operator or relevant trade experience.
- Hold current CSCS card.
- Mechanical Biased with Electrical knowledge in a similar environment; with comprehensive understanding of current industry practices and relevant legislation.
- Understanding the cause and effects of inefficient HIU settings and to implement changes to the HIU delivery to ensure efficient use on demand that improves the District Network operations.
- Heating systems, Energy Centre processes and supporting distribution systems.
- Preparing Method statements, Risk, COSHH Assessments, and Permits to Work.