MS419 – HVAC Engineer
Location: North London
Salary: £34,000 – £42,000 per annum + van
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a HVAC Engineer on behalf of one of our clients. We are looking for someone to undertake Planned Preventative and Reactive Maintenance in accordance with site procedures, rules and line management instructions.
Applications from ex-military personnel are encouraged but all applications will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring all Quality Management and Compliance Documentation for Operations & Maintenance activities is correct and complete for each site.
- Provide technical assistance to clients, contractors and work colleagues within whilst fulfilling customer service requirements and meeting both Quality Standards and HSE Objectives.
- Closely manage customer HSE objectives and Quality Standards and ensure the adoption of Safe Working Practices during the maintenance and repair of the plant.
- Complete internal performance management general reporting for use in producing client final reporting.
- Adopt HSE Policies, Procedures and Objectives, and ensure they are achieved throughout area of responsibility.
- Ensure that Statutory and Mandatory Inspections are satisfactorily carried out and documented in line with the Company’s Management System.
- Diligently and accurately maintain, submit relevant documentation and records as required, and maintain ISO Accreditation Company Standards.
- Undertake Subcontractor Management in line with the above.
- Service and Maintain Energy Centres key components and to ensure the cleanliness of the EC.
- Servicing and Maintaining Non-Domestic boilers and issuing valid Certification.
- Support all Department works, Servicing HIUs and reacting to HIU breakdowns when needed.
- Full Installation/Replacement of Key equipment, such as Boilers, Pumps, Pressurisation Unit, Expansion Vessels, Hydraulic Interface Units etc.
- Site inspections to existing design projects to Advise and Support our clients.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Served a recognised apprenticeship and be qualified to ND / City & Guilds / NVQ level 3 in Mechanical / Electrical / Gas engineering discipline and registered to the appropriate body as required for the role.
- Qualified Boiler / CHP Operator or relevant trade experience.
- Hold current CSCS card.
- Mechanical / Electrical engineering in a similar environment; with comprehensive understanding of current industry practices and relevant legislation.
- Commercial & domestic heating engineering operating & maintaining; industrial CHP, Steam, MTHW, LTHW boilers, gas, oil, biomass plant, absorption hillers/ air-conditioning plant, HVAC systems and associated distribution systems/ equipment, and plant monitoring systems (BMS, PMS).
- Heating systems, Energy Centre processes and supporting distribution systems.
- Electronic maintenance systems with sound technical knowledge in fault finding and testing within a similar environment.
- Preparing Method statements, Risk, COSHH Assessments, and Permits to Work.