Senior Occupational Health Nurse
EY294 Senior Occupational Health Nurse
Salary: £38,000 – £42,000 DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit an Senior Occupational Health Nurse to join their team in Plymouth on a permanent basis.
As a Senior Occupational Health Nurse, you will be required to manage the clinical team in line with contractual requirement, delivering a high quality, minor treatment and occupational health service.
This is an opportunity to work alongside a team of dedicated professionals. You will enjoy working closely alongside your experienced colleagues to deliver and maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction that the industry has to offer.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and support to the clinical team to meet the strategic aims of the Emergency response, treatment and OH service
- Evaluate the standard of service in line with contractual agreement to ensure the delivery of a high-quality service to the client. Deploying and supervising staff to ensure continuity of service.
- Act autonomously as a clinical lead providing treatment and OH services.
- Create and maintain a positive and supportive team culture with the staff you manage by working to and supporting the company values.
- Support recruitment, selection and induction of team members
- Undertake, review and record regular clinical competency review with individuals and audit clinical work; carry out annual reviews, competency checklists, end of probation meetings etc.
- Ensure compliance with Company processes/Department of Health, H&S guidelines/legislation and company accreditations i.e. SEQOHS.
- Initiate, and participate in, programmes of audit for peers to ensure compliance with evidence-based standards.
- Ensure that all staff are suitably qualified, inducted and trained to provide a quality service and ensuring this information is captured and shared with the HR Team and Clinical Operations Team.
- Be aware and maintain professional standards of conduct, taking action if others do not meet the company standards
- Take responsibility for own professional development by maintaining existing skills and developing new ones relevant to specific area of professional practice
- Work closely with sight operations and multiple stakeholders on Multiple Sites. Attend Daily/ weekly sight operations meetings.
- Analyse report and present monthly MI and KPI information to Commercial and operational teams within the client’s deadline.
- Present clinical update at monthly and quarterly service review meetings.
- Help to coordinate wellbeing initiatives
Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified or Registered Nurse with a valid NMC PIN, a diploma or degree in Occupational Health is preferable.
- Experience in a commercial occupational health setting, particularly with exposure to case management and health surveillance.
- Excellent knowledge of occupational health and employment legislation
- Competitive annual salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- Contributory pension scheme – matched up to 6%
- Life Assurance
- Starting on 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to work schemes
- Additional benefits including flu vaccinations, eyecare and professional registration fees paid
- Full access to discounts on Perkbox