Senior Project Rail Engineer
MB416: Senior Project Rail Engineer
Salary: £60,000 – £65,000 + £5,000 car allowance
Working Hours: 35 hours per week (hybrid working)
Additional Company Benefits: Generous holiday allowance, Matched contribution pension scheme, Life assurance, Employee share scheme , Employee shopping savings portal, Payment of Professional Fees, Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave , Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement, ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day’s paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered
First Military Recruitment is proudly working in partnership with a fantastic International Defence business who are looking to recruit a Senior Project Rail Engineer on a permanent basis due to growth based at their Glasgow depot (with hybrid working).
Overall purpose of the role:
To ensure all E&P engineering activities in connection with the tender, design, implementation and commissioning of project work are co-ordinated and technically compliant to Client & Company Standards and the scope of works.
Identify any changes to scope, price and programme and initiate change requests as required. Act as the main E&P engineering point of contact on allocated projects. Work as an integral part of the project and engineering team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify any changes to scope, price and programme and initiate change requests as required.
- Act as the main E&P engineering point of contact on allocated projects.
- Work as an integral part of the project and engineering team.
- Ensure the application and implementation of all established standards and specifications for regulatory, company, Network Rail and statutory (DOT), including CDM principles.
- Production, checking and issue of specifications, schematics, diagrams and working drawings to confirm the
- scope of works/quality of product and enable construction work to take place within the prescribed timescale.
- Liaise with Project Manager/Client to ascertain project requirements and understand project remit.
- Work closely with Project Manager/QS to evaluate contract offers by sub-contractors for delivery of project works.
- Work closely with Project Manager to ensure all cost targets are met.
- Manage the technical and engineering elements of any sub-contractors delivering work packages for allocated schemes.
- Ensure that changes to scope and specifications are managed, issues are raised and that risk registers are robustly reviewed.
- Provide engineering support to the preparation of commercial variations and any supporting information in the
- course of allocated schemes.
- Ensure successful and safe design and delivery of project remit.
- Provide engineering support/input in preparation of project program.
- Monitor progress against the project program and take necessary action to mitigate against any delay.
- Monitor design errors and make recommendations to stop re-occurrence.
- Attend meetings for allocated schemes.
- Preparation of Work Package Plans, Task Briefings and Risk Assessments.
- Undertake site surveys.
- Liaise with Principal Project Engineer and Lead Designer to establish and introduce best practice throughout the business.
- Keep accurate records of project documentation and maintain project H&S files.
- Carry out safety and quality inspections.
- Support the Principal Project Engineer in staff briefing/welfare/development/training.
- Act as a mentor for less experienced staff including support for discipline and industry qualifications.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Appropriate educational and technical qualification e.g. HNC/HND/Degree.
- Member of an appropriate professional institution.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in E&P project work.
- Excellent knowledge of all rail related E&P design & engineering principles, practices and standards.
- Conversant with all other British & European Standards relating to rail related E&P works.
- Conversant with current industry standard E&P design