Technical Manager (HVAC) Stoke & Haydock
EY291 Technical Manager (HVAC)
Location: Covering Stoke and Haydock sites
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 per annum DOE
First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for a Technical Manager.
You will be joining a well established and expanding business within the HVAC industry. Our client stock a full range of Chillers, Boilers, Heaters, Air Conditioners, Air Purifiers and Dehumidifiers. Our client manufacture their containerised Boilers and also service and maintain their hire fleet, delivering pristine hire equipment to customers across the country.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Technical Manager:
- This will be a mobile position attending site, carrying out site surveys, contingency planning and project managing installs.
- Assist field-based teams in the delivery of HVAC projects.
- Provide technical and practical support to engineers.
- Attend site surveys and assist the sales team with technical design of temporary solution focusing on Chillers and Cooling systems
- Provide technical and practical support to engineers
- Quoting works giving detailed RAMS documents for clients and the sales team
- Develop team building ethos and lead by exampleEncourage effective communication between management, office-based staff and on-site engineers/sales team
- Liaison between sales team and Technical team ensuring smooth transition of RAMs and quotes
- Support production of job by job RAMS documentation to ensure high standard of delivery and health and safety standards
- Support technical standards and operational policies across every element of the business; from site survey to off hire
- Planning and management of specific installation projects
- Articulate & a good communicator with customers.
- Prepared to be an ambassador for the business even when things are tough.
- Personable equally with Engineers on the ground, and professionals in an office surrounding.
- Task/results driven, rather than time driven.
- Mechanically mined. Although it states cooling bias, our clients work is seasonal so you will be expected to take ownership of heating projects with the support of the rest of the team. This also applies in reverse; the candidate will be expected to support our clients heating bias Technical Managers.
- Adaptable; happy to bend with incoming workloads at a moment’s notice.
- Able to juggle several projects at a time across multiple sites and geographical locations.
- Enjoys working under pressure and finding solutions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- You MUST be an ex engineer from a boiler or chiller background.
- Manage ,triage and despatch engineers to breakdown calls ( when breakdown Technical supervisor absent )
- NVQ 3 in relevant M&E discipline (or equivalent).
- Recognised Health and Safety training.
- Proven track record delivering high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Good practical and working knowledge of commercial heating / cooling systems.
- Good knowledge of quality assurance systems.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Full driving licence.
- F Gas experience is desirable