Technical Manager (HVAC) Stoke & Haydock
EY291 Technical Manager (HVAC)
Location: Covering Stoke and Haydock sites
Salary: £45,000 per annum DOE + company vehicle
First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for a Technical Manager.
You will be joining a well established and expanding business within the HVAC industry. Our client stock a full range of Chillers, Boilers, Heaters, Air Conditioners, Air Purifiers and Dehumidifiers. Our client manufacture their containerised Boilers and also service and maintain their hire fleet, delivering pristine hire equipment to customers across the country.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Technical Manager:
- This will be a mobile position attending site, carrying out site surveys, contingency planning and project managing installs.
- Assist field-based teams in the delivery of HVAC projects.
- Provide technical and practical support to engineers.
- Quoting works giving detailed RAMS documents for clients and the sales team.
- Ensure labour resources are planned, work with the operational team and coordinate projects.
- Keep daily check on labour resourcing to ensure smooth running of jobs and maximise efficiency of labour onsite.
- Assist in the development of new HVAC products, project manage in house boiler build programme.
- Provide supervisory role to site staff, directing and managing staff directly.
- Develop team building ethos and lead by example.
- Encourage effective communication between management, office-based staff and on-site engineers/sales team.
- Communicate with customer ensuring customer satisfaction is maintained and site interruptions/disturbances managed and minimised.
- Key liaison between sales team and operational team, ensuring smooth transition from commercial to operational/technical and essential project management to maximise job profit and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Support production of job-by-job RAMS documentation to ensure high standard of delivery and health and safety standards.
- Support technical standards and operational policies across every element of the business; from site survey to off hire.
- Key support of sales to operational delivery including ownership of site survey process and standards, to operational delivery.
- Support with commercial guidance and strategy to drive sales objectives through both senior and junior internal stakeholders.
- Planning and management of all installation projects.
- Support the design, planning, costing, building and implementation of boiler plant into the company hire fleet.
- Support specification and procurement of chiller, air conditioning, heating and dehumidification plant for implementation into the company hire fleet.
- Support investigation of new product design and development.
- Contribute to the agenda for management and maintenance of existing plant hire fleet to ensure commercial viability and pursuit of key company USP’s.
- Support implementation and execution of product and process training for all hire products; including service and maintenance protocols, installation and commissioning guidelines and features/benefits training.
- Articulate & a good communicator with customers.
- Prepared to be an ambassador for the business even when things are tough.
- Personable equally with Engineers on the ground, and professionals in an office surrounding.
- Task/results driven, rather than time driven.
- Mechanically mined. Although it states cooling bias, our clients work is seasonal so you will be expected to take ownership of heating projects with the support of the rest of the team. This also applies in reverse; the candidate will be expected to support our clients heating bias Technical Managers.
- Adaptable; happy to bend with incoming workloads at a moment’s notice.
- Able to juggle several projects at a time across multiple sites and geographical locations.
- Enjoys working under pressure and finding solutions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- You MUST be an ex engineer from a boiler or chiller background.
- NVQ 3 in relevant M&E discipline (or equivalent).
- Recognised Health and Safety training.